"Account“ means the iParama account of a user;
“Applicable Law” means the laws and regulations of the Republic of Ghana;
“Merchant” means an entity that is onboarded on iParama to avail its Services;
“iParama / Us / Our” means iParama Ghana Limited;
“Personal Data” means the data collected, stored and processed relating to You and other individuals associated with You, such as full name, email address, date of birth, home address, proof of address, photocopy of a personal identification card or passport and other information as required to on-board You and meet applicable legal requirements;
“Personal Information” means the same as Personal Data;
“Platform” means iParama’s website, which can be accessed via this URL: https://www.iparama.com
“Services” means the payment gateway, logistic and marketing customer support services provided by iParama;
“Third Party Services” means including without limitation services that involve any third party(s);
“User” means the same as Merchant
“Website” means iParama’s website, which can be accessed via this URL: https://www.iparama.com;
“You / Your” means the same as User.
This Policy is applicable to iParama’s Website and Platform, and We are responsible for processing Your data.” iParama is committed to adequately protecting Your Personal Data. iParama is the controller of personal information collected and processed for the Services, unless stated otherwise.
iParama enables E-commerce retailers and brands to significantly grow their online sales in Africa by offering shoppers a localized shopping experience. Our solution embeds advanced localization capabilities, streamlined international logistics, extensive local market knowledge, in-country customer support, and marketing to grow their value in Africa.
We are closely collaborating with third parties in order to provide you with Our Services. We do not have control or assume the liability or legality for the products or services that are sold and shipped through the usage of Our Services by User(s).
Our Website and services are not directed to minors under 18.
Information We collect.
When You use Our Website or Service, We may collect certain types of information about You including the following:
Information You provide to Us.
We will ask you to provide Us with Personal Data, and may require You to provide Us with additional Personal Data as You use Our Services. We will collect, store and process Personal Data relating to You and other individuals associated with You, such as full name, email address, date of birth, home address, proof of address, photocopy of a personal identification card or passport and other information as required to on-board you and meet applicable legal requirements (“Personal Data”, “Personal Information”).
In Our efforts to ensure We are fully compliant with all Applicable Laws, We may collect, use, store and transfer the different kinds of Personal Data you supply to Us in accordance with Our “know your client” obligations under the Central Bank of Ghana (Anti-Money Laundering and Combating the Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) in Banks and other financial regulations and guidelines.
Information We collect during banking process.
Personal Data collected while processing Your payment. When You are receiving a payment from Your customer using Our Services to process Your payment, We may, directly or through Our payment processing service provider, collect, store and process financial and transaction related personal data about Your transaction. This may include Your billing address, delivery address, company details, purchase amount, date of purchase, payment method, credit or debit card number, bank account number of the customer, and additional necessary information required to process Your transaction.
However, Users are responsible for providing appropriate privacy information to Your customers Our processing of Your data including without limitation about:
When required for compliance with Applicable Laws (including specifically anti-money laundering and counter-terrorism financing laws and regulations), We may verify the customer’s information and collect information from publicly available sources, credit reference or fraud prevention agencies or check data against government sanction lists, either directly, or using identity verification providers or due diligence and screening information providers.
Information We collect automatically.
Information We obtain from third parties.
We may retrieve additional Personal Information about You from third parties and other identification/verification services such as including but not limited to Your financial institution. With Your consent, We may also collect additional Personal Information in other ways including emails, surveys, and other forms of communication. Once You begin using Our Services through Your iParama account, We will keep records of Your transactions and collect information on Your other activities related to Our Services. We will not share or disclose Your Personal Information with a third party without Your consent except as may be required for the purpose of providing You with Our services or under applicable legislation and/or a competent court’s order.
In providing You with Our Services, We may rely on third-party servers located in foreign jurisdictions from time to time, which as a result, may require the transfer or maintenance of Your personally identifiable information on computers or servers in foreign jurisdictions. We will endeavour to ensure that such foreign jurisdictions have data protection legislation that is no less than the existing data protection regulations in force in Ghana and Your personally identifiable information is treated in a safe and secure manner.
Why We collect Your information.
We collect Your information to ensure Your easy and seamless access to Our Services. We use the information We collect for the following purposes:
To enable Us to provide You with a personalised experience of Our Services;
To verify Your details including without limitation bank account details with authorities and financial institutions;
Where it is necessary for Our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and Your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests, such as mitigating financial loss or other harm to You and Us.
Where We need to comply with legal or regulatory obligations, such as detecting and preventing fraud.
Where We need to improve and analyse Our products, website, systems and tools.
to provide support services to You;
to analyse and understand Your use of Our Services;
to analyse and improve the quality of Our Services offered;
to facilitate Your interactions with Our Website;
to identify and repair errors and bugs on Our Website;
to facilitate the dissemination of information about Our Services and Our partners;
to administer Our Website for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising We serve to You and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to You; and
to make suggestions and recommendations to You and other users of Our Websites that may interest You or them, identify Your preferences, and personalize Your experience with Our Website.
Sharing Your information with third parties.
We may sometimes share the information We have collected from You with third parties.
You agree that We have the right to share Your Personal Information:
1. with any of Our affiliated companies, subsidiaries, website providers, service providers, and professional advisers on a need-to-know basis;
2. with companies, such as email website providers that perform marketing websites on Our behalf, and fraud prevention website providers that use the information to provide websites to Us;
3. with a non-affiliated third party to access and transmit Your personal and financial information from a relevant financial institution. You grant the third party the right, power, and authority to access and transmit this information according to terms of their Policy;
4. with selected third parties including business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract We enter into with them or You;
5. with third parties to whom We may choose to sell, transfer or merge parts of Our business or Our assets or alternatively, acquire all or parts of their businesses;
6. in response to a request for information, if We are required by, or We believe disclosure is in accordance with, any Applicable Law, regulation or legal process; and
7. with relevant law enforcement officials, central bank or other third parties, such as investigators or auditors, if We believe it is appropriate to investigate fraud.
We may share the information to facilitate the seamless delivery of Our Services or in compliance with applicable legal requirements and assisting law enforcement agencies by responding to requests for the disclosure of information in accordance with local laws.
Our cookies never store personal or sensitive information; they simply hold a unique random reference to You so that once You visit Our Website We can recognise who You are and provide certain content to you.
If Your browser or browser add-on permits, You have the choice to disable cookies on Our Website, however this may impact Your experience using Our Website.
Governing principles of data processing.
We process Your information in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act, 2012 (Act 843) and all other applicable legislation relating to privacy or data protection in Ghana (the Regulations). These principles:
1. Your Personal Data is collected and processed in accordance with specific, legitimate and lawful purpose consented to by You, provided that further processing may be done by archiving the data for public interest, scientific or research purposes, or statistical purposes.
2. The data collected is adequate, accurate and without prejudice to the dignity of the human person.
3. The data collected is stored only for the period within which it is reasonably needed.
4. The data collected is reasonably secured against all foreseeable hazards and breaches such as theft, cyberattack, viral attack, dissemination, manipulations of any kind, and damage by rain, fire or exposure to other natural elements.
How We safeguard Your information.
1. Our Website is scanned on a regular basis for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make Your visit to Our site safe as possible.
2. We use regular malware scanning.
3. Your Personal Information is contained behind secured networks and is only accessible by a limited number of persons who have special access rights to such systems and are required to keep the information confidential. In addition, all sensitive/credit information You supply is safely encrypted.
In addition to the security measures We employ, You must also ensure that You take responsibility for the protection of Your Personal Information. We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by the activities of hackers and fraudsters when We have taken all necessary and reasonable steps to protect Your information in Our possession. You are also responsible for safeguarding Your Username, password and financial information.
Links to third-party Websites.
When You access those websites, they may collect Your Personal Information in accordance with their privacy and data collection policies. We are not responsible for the data collected by these third parties and You are advised to study their privacy policies before You make use of their services.
Your privacy rights.
By providing Us with Your Personal Information, You have certain rights in accordance with the provisions of the Regulations which include:
1. the right to request access to Your Personal Data in Our possession;
2. the right to object to or request restriction of the processing of Your Personal Data;
3. the right to request rectification and modification of Personal Information which iParama keeps;
4. the right to request for the deletion of Your Personal Data in Our possession;
5. The right to withdraw Your consent at any time where We are relying on consent to process Your Personal Data.
To exercise any of the rights listed here, please contact Us through the details provided below.
All such requests will be reviewed and considered in accordance with the provisions of the applicable data protection Regulations.
You also have the right to opt out of receiving the informative materials We send to Our users by clicking the “Unsubscribe” button found at the bottom of such emails. You also have the right to decline to provide Your Personal Information when it is requested, however, certain services or all the services may be unavailable to You.
International transfer of Your information.
We may need to transfer Your information in Our possession to third parties outside Ghana. Such transfers will only be done in accordance with the Regulations. While undertaking the international transfer of Your information, We will put security measures in place to reasonably protect Your data during transmission. We shall, among other things, confirm whether the country is on the National Information Technology Development Agency (“NITDA”) White List of Countries with adequate data protection laws.
We may collect, use and disclose certain Personal Data about Your customers when acting as Your service provider. You are responsible for making sure that Your customer’s privacy rights are respected, including ensuring appropriate disclosures about third party data collection and use. You must comply with the personal data protection laws of Your country of origin and of those countries in which you offer products or services and, in particular when processing and sending Personal Data to Us in the context of using the Services and submitting transactions. If You entered into Our Merchant Services Agreement, You are also responsible for compliance with the requirements set out in Our other agreements.
Data retention period.
We will retain Your information for as long as Your account is active or as needed to provide Our services to You, comply with Our legal and statutory obligations or verify Your information with a financial institution.
iParama is statutorily obligated to retain the data You provide Us with in order to process transactions, ensure settlements, make refunds, identify fraud and be in compliance with laws and regulatory guidelines applicable to Us.
Therefore, even after closing Your iParama Account, We will retain certain Personal Information and transaction data to comply with these obligations. All Personal Information shall be destroyed by iParama wherever possible. For all Personal Data and records obtained, used and stored by iParama, We shall perform periodical reviews of the data retained to confirm the accuracy, purpose, validity and requirement to retain.
The length of storage of Personal Information shall, amongst other things, be determined by:
1. the contract terms agreed between iParama and the data subject or as long as it is needed for the purpose for which it was obtained; or
2. whether the transaction or relationship has statutory implication or a required retention period; or
3. whether there is an express request for deletion of Personal Data by the data subject, provided that such request will only be treated where the data subject is not under any investigation which may require iParama to retain such Personal Data or there is no subsisting contractual arrangement with the data subject that would require the processing of the Personal Data; or
4. whether iParama has another lawful basis for retaining that information beyond the period for which it is necessary to serve the original purpose.
We maintain a data breach procedure in order to deal with incidents concerning Personal Information or practices leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised disclosure of, or access to, Personal Information transmitted, stored or otherwise processed. You may contact Us upon becoming aware of any breach of Personal Information or if Your access credentials have been compromised, to enable Us to take the necessary steps towards ensuring the security of Your Personal Information or Account.
Updates to this Policy.
Last updated October 2022.